Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Louie helped me with my phone problem, but the problem

Customer Question

Louie helped me with my phone problem, but the problem persists. I used the # ***** on the keypad until it beeps, and it did indeed clear the screen of the message that there is a new Voice Mail Message. But I have to press the # ***** every time, on every handset (we have 3), after each time a call out is made on any of the handsets.I was hoping for a permanent solution. One that clears the screen on ALL the handsets and one that is PERMANENT so that the # ***** will never have to pressed again. Any ideas??Thank you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Polly and welcome back to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried to contact your phone service provider? ...and instruct them to turn OFF your VoiceMail feature? ...i.e. if the Panasonic's Answering System is used/preferred.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not. That's a good idea. I guess I thought that since we were now using the Panasonic answering device, it would somehow turn off automatically. I guess that's wishful thinking. That involves retrieving an old bill, and calling them. Is it ok to keep you waiting while I do that?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

No prob and would look forward to an update when able.

Additionally, ensure that all the current messages are heard and deleted from the VoiceMailbox before disabling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I just called and they're closed for the evening - just missed the 9 o'clock cut off. How should I reach you tomorrow without incurring another charge on my credit card? There was some indication when I logged on tonight that an additional charge was made. Should I just keep this page/window open overnight?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes please; do a Ctrl + D to bookmark this page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. Thx Louie - talk to you tomorrow.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Cheers.