Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just purchased a KX-TGD213N phone and need help with how

Customer Question

I just purchased a KX-TGD213N phone and need help with how to get the answering machine to work. When I press what I thought was the answering machine, my phone just rings.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Susanne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm that the model number of the Panasonic is KX-TGD213N.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the post back and confirmation.

Who is your phone service provider please?

The KX-TGD21?? series of digital cordless phones do not have a built-in answering system. The next series (which looks like the KX-TGD21??), the KX-TGD22?? are the versions which have a built-in answering system.

I know this isn't what you are hoping to hear, and I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

There may be a possible / hopeful workaround. Would this be of interest?

If yes, please contact your phone service provider and have VoiceMail feature enabled. VoiceMail serves the same purpose as that of a built-in answering system only that it is with the phone company's servers rather than in/with the KX-TGD213N phone.