Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I just purchased a KX-TGD213N phone and need help with how

Customer Question

I just purchased a KX-TGD213N phone and need help with how to get the answering machine to work. When I press what I thought was the answering machine, my phone just rings.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi Susanne and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm that the model number of the Panasonic is KX-TGD213N.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Appreciate the post back and confirmation.

Who is your phone service provider please?

The KX-TGD21?? series of digital cordless phones do not have a built-in answering system. The next series (which looks like the KX-TGD21??), the KX-TGD22?? are the versions which have a built-in answering system.

I know this isn't what you are hoping to hear, and I'm sorry I don't have better news.

Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

There may be a possible / hopeful workaround. Would this be of interest?

If yes, please contact your phone service provider and have VoiceMail feature enabled. VoiceMail serves the same purpose as that of a built-in answering system only that it is with the phone company's servers rather than in/with the KX-TGD213N phone.