Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a customer with sts system. Caller ID works but the

Customer Question

I have a customer with sts system. Caller ID works but the display shoes(###) ###-####or none while trying to review past calls. Is something missed in programming or is there a memory issue?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you tried more or less this?:

Go to beginning of table Dial Code: 669
Toggle between Name/Number: MUTE
Step to next/previous table entry: Volume Up/Down

Is that showing nothing but 000000 or nothing when you do the above? or what is it showing?

Also, you may need to enable logging of the incoming and/or outcoming calls.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK i am going to go visit my customer soon. Where under flash programming would you enable logging?thanks
heith

I'm not sure where it is, partly because I do not know what (exactly) the STS System in question is. But I was cribbing from info about the STS3 System (if I recollect correctly from what I looked up last night.)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yeah, its basically the same programming as the Mach1, the DVX series, the XTS & XTSc processors

What STS system is it, please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Believe it's enhanced where they can use the newer 8 and 30 button phones, as well as the older infinite. Not that these phones can be considered newer haha

I'll have to research that to get further data (though an exact version on the software would help.)

How soon do you need the data?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
whenever. Its been going on for a while. The battery died a few months back, defaulting their system, and they claim it worked before, like my other vodavi systems. I am not sure if some sort of memory took a dump with the outage a while backheith

Depends upon the exact machine hosting the system or holding the system... some, on power failure, might well lose data.

Let me know what the STS System's level # ***** type is, please. Sometime or other. Thanks.