Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

New voice message" cannot be removed from screen of phone,

Customer Question

New voice message" cannot be removed from screen of phone, even though there are no messages
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Checked for messages when I saw message on screen, no messages the phone says, yet the message is still there, and every time I pick up phone to make a call the annoying "beep, beep " sound comes on
JA: Is there anything else the Phone System Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, and by the way the message red light is not flashing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I only ask because if you hear a series of "beeps" when trying to make a call, that usually means that there is a voicemail message waiting for you - on the provider's voicemail system. NOTE: This "voicemail" is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from any answering system you may have in your phones, and you will want to contact your service provider to have this system cleared or turned off.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-