Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

People tell me that when they call, a message say my box is

Customer Question

People tell me that when they call, a message say my box is full and can't receive any more. The box is empty. What is the problem? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Some calls get recorded Ned others dont
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.

2) How many rings are normally heard - BEFORE the system is supposed to pick up the call?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1. Panasonic KX-TG4731.
2. 4
3. Verizon
4. As far as I know the other devices are fine.
Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - if you could list any other devices attached to the phone line, that would be great.

In the mean time, can you do a quick TEST for me?

That test is to pick up ANY handset in your Panasonic system (while NOT on a call) and then:

- Press the TALK button and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone and tell me what you hear.

Possible things heard:

- Normal CLEAR dial tone.

- A few "pulsed" dial tones, followed by a clear dial tone.

- A few "beeps" - followed by a clear dial tone.

- Something else (let me know what that is).

Please let me know what happens with this TEST.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A few beeps followed by clear dial tone
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for doing that TEST for me.

What those "beeps" are telling us is that the "Voicemail" system from your provider has NEW messages waiting for you OR the Voicemail system needs some attention of some kind.

NOTE: this Voicemail system is DIFFERENT & SEPARATE from the answering system that is built into the Panasonic system.

So if you were unaware that your provider had turned on the voicemail system OR you recently increased the "ring count" of your answering system, that could be WHY the voicemail system started picking up the calls - instead of the Panasonic system.

As for a "fix" - you will want to contact your service provider and get THEIR exact instructions on how to get into the voicemail system and listen to any messages that may be there (there should be some - since your callers are getting that "mailbox full" announcement).

Once you have listened to any messages there, you can decide if you want to keep using the voicemail system, have it turned OFF, or have it "configured" so that your Panasonic has the "first chance" to pick up the calls you don't have time to answer.

If you need the contact number for Verizon, I have that number below. and there should be someone to take your call 24 hours a day.

Verizon Customer Support: 1-***-***-****

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)