Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I JUST BOUGHT THE KX-TGC210 CORDLESS PANASONIC PHONE WITH 2

Customer Question

I JUST BOUGHT THE KX-TGC210 CORDLESS PANASONIC PHONE WITH 2 HANDSETS. I HAVE CHARGED MY BATTERIES FULLY. WHEN I WANT TO MAKE A CALL IT DOES NOT RING ON THE OTHER END. ON THE SREEN IT SAYS: check tel line. All my connection were done as by the manual. The adapter is connected to the power outlet. the telephone line is connected to my answering machine and the short cable is connected to the base unit from the answering machine. thats how it also was with my old phone and it worked just the battery was worn out. If I can not solve this today I will bring the phone back to the store.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you CONFIRM the Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?
3) Do ALL handsets have the "check tel line" on the screen - when you try to use them?
4) What Make & Model of answering system do you have the MAIN BASE UNIT connected to?

5) Did you use the NEW phone cord that came in the package - to connect the main base to the answering machine?

6) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dear Sir! AS told you before, I canceled my phone service, so I do not need any advise.Sincerely yours
Herbert
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Herbert,

I did NOT see any other response from my original questions, including anything about canceling your phone service.

But if that is what happened, that would explain why you are seeing the "check tel line" message on this system (it MUST be connected to WORKING phone service to operate properly).

Please let us know if you have any more questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)