I didn't see a response be for my original questions, but wanted to send the following information in any case.
First, there are some requirements to be able to register this unit with a Panasonic phone.
1) The phone system MUST be compatible with this unit.
2) MOST cordless systems can ONLY have a TOTAL of SIX cordless devices "connected" to it at any given time - INCLUDING the extender.
Example: If there are SIX handsets (or other devices) already registered to a Main Base Unit, trying to add the extender may not work (in most cases it will not work). The solution in this case may be to de-register the last handset from the main base, then try to add (register) the extender.
3) This device MUST be registered in the right sequence. This can often be difficult because of the included documentation (the manual) does not seem to do a very good job of explaining the steps.
I have a link to an "interactive tutorial" that does a better job of showing the process, assuming the other two requirements (above) have been met.
- You may need to HIGHLIGHT the entire link above and right-click your mouse to OPEN the link.
- The tutorial contains "animations" that are sometimes slow to play. Please allow plenty of time for each of the sections to play.
- It is recommended that you go through the tutorial AT LEAST TWO TIMES - and then attempt the registration after that.
I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.
Thanks, ***** *****