Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

The phone does not show caller ID, just "Private Caller" or

Customer Question

The phone does not show caller ID, just "Private Caller" or "Out of Area." My previous Panasonic model showed the caller's name. What should I do to fix this?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, David.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

6) Does this happen with ALL calls (try testing from your own cell phone, etc)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Comcast telephone service. All four phones do the same thing. KX-TGEA20. All calls.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tried it from my ell phone. Says "Out of Area."
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

That is the handset model, I'd need the model of the base.

More importantly, do you have any other phones (or even the old system) that you can test to see if they will display cid?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No other phones. Just a minute Ill get the base model #KXTGE260
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

This could be a line problem or a panasonic issue. It is more likely a line problem though, as there is no setting on the pansonic that would prevent it from working. You could confirm that by testing another phone or even the old one if you still have it.

Next step is to call comcast and ask them to reset the line or confirm that you have active cid service on the account.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. I'll call COMCAST.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What happens to the credit card info I sent?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

That card is used as the payment for my support here. You are paying for my time and efforts to diagnose and explain the problem, not all issues can be resolved immediately online, and in cases like this where a line fault is implicated, I can only diagnose that for you and explain how to resolve it through your carrier.

After you speak with comcast, if you need further help, you can follow up with me here.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, David?