Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Uniden PwereMax5.8, I hear it ring but then there

Customer Question

I have a Uniden PwereMax5.8, I hear it ring but then there is dead space when I answer. If I let it go to the answering machine there is nothing to play back. There is no dial tone so I cannot call out.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Phone System Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Phone System Technician should know?
Customer: It first acted funny yesterday. I received a call and while talking maybe 5 to 7 minutes the other person started breaking up and then finally went away. When I tried to call them back there was no dial tone.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Model Number of the Uniden phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)