Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My office has a Panasonic KX-T7436- phone system. One of the

Customer Question

My office has a Panasonic KX-T7436-B phone system. One of the phones hasn't been used for several years, and we have lost the code to access voicemail (we think it's 4-6 digits). We need to override this code so that we can change the voicemail recording heard when the operator forwards a call to that extension, and the person at the extension doesn't answer. I've read through the manual and found nothing helpful. So how do I override a code (or reset it from the admin unit) so that this particular phone's voicemail is accessible again?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the default password ***** the phone is not changed, then you can

try entering 265 #6*999 then choosing options 4, 1 then 3

See if it will accept the default password ***** 1234#

If the default password ***** not work, then try to reset the password ***** the programming tool.

If you have the programming tool, you can reset any password ***** any mailbox, by selecting

System Security

from among the shortcuts at the left side of the screen.

Then select

Mailbox Settings,

then select the Mailbox in question, then select

Edit Mailbox.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of that worked. When I type "265 #6*999" should I press Program first? Or lift the handset? I've tried both of those options as well as leaving the handset in place, and I get an error sound.And what is the Programming tool? I can press "Program" plus **1234 to access the menus, but there is no System security option.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The Programming Tool is available only from Panasonic. It is software that runs on a computer, and allows access to the phone's programmatic details in its memory.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have Opted Out of this case, owing to having reached the limits of my knowledge on this case, I regret to have to say. Another Expert will hopefully pick up on this case and have the knowledge you need.