Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My phone rings,but calls do not come through.

Customer Question

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Can you still place OUTGOING calls?

4) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
VttechCS6629-3 Cable One Don't know yesterday March 3rd.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that.

Can you please try to make a TEST CALL - to see if you can still dial out? Any call will do - such as to a local friend or neighbor, or local store of some kind.

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did nothing happens.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It says out of range at base
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for trying that for me.

May I ask

1) the TOTAL number of cordless handsets you have with this system?

2) If more thank one handset, do ALL handsets have this same issue (showing "Out of range" on the display)?

3) What is the AGE of this system?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have two Yes they are the same.They are probably 3 yrs old. But I never used them until this past yr,.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am 89 and really hate having to go through all of this. I will call Cable one and get the help I need.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't think I should be charged for NO help.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 months ago.

Hi again,

I don't know if your cable/phone provider can help, as this sounds like this MAY be an issue with the Vtech MAIN BASE UNIT.

If ALL cordless handsets have the same symptom, that main base unit may NOT be plugged into the power adapter OR the wall plug where that adapter connects may not be working or has come loose.

Can you see if you can locate the MAIN BASE UNIT of the system, and CHECK that power adapter AND if the MAIN BASE UNIT is actually ON (has power)?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have disconnected the phone. They are back in the original box. I won't put up with this, and am getting a different system/
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for replying back.

We had not completed our testing (I had not heard back from you), but if you have determined that the phone system has failed, getting a different system may be the appropriate step.

I say this because MOST phone systems come with a 1 year warranty, and often replacing a faulty system is more cost effective than trying to have it repaired.

Please let me know if you need any recommendations for a replacement system or have any further questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no phones. They are unplugged and back in the box. Am getting a different system. Thank you anyway,
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

Please let me know what happens when you get a different system connected to the phone line - when you can.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)