Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I purchased a cl84102 or one of the other listed on the

Customer Question

I purchased a cl84102 or one of the other listed on the user's manual. It has been working fine up until 3 days ago. People have been telling me they called but it only rang. Then I check it and get no dial tone. Then someone will call and get thru followed by me checking it and I get a dial tone and can call. It is now working but for how long I don't know !
If you can run any kind of check or want to my number is ***-***-****. It is a 7 phone system.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Richard.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help with this, Richard?