Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Telephone model KX-TGE245 >> The handset screens

Customer Question

Telephone model KX-TGE245 >> The handset screens display "voice mail message via phone co." I am using the answering system with the phone purchased I do not have any phone messages in my mailbox with Comcast
How do I get the screen to display date and time. email is ***@******.***
Thank you
AF
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Alan.

Could you check something for me, please:
Pick up the phone line and listen carefully; do you hear a normal dial tone, a fast tone, or a few beeps then dial tone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few beeps then dial tone
I checked my comcast voice mail box and there are no messages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any answer yet
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

The info you're providing is a bit conflicting though. The beeps are an indication that there are new voicemail messages waiting. If there really are none, then it is a glitch in the comcast system.

As long as those beeps are there, the panasonic will detect them and indicate new messages.

There are a few options here:
Temporarily turn off the indicator (it will come back, if the beeps persist) by holding down the OFF or # ***** for about 3 seconds on your handset

Disable the VM detection entirely (Menu #332, up/down to Off, Save, OFF)

Or, preferably, contact comcast and have them disable the VM function and remove it from your account. If you aren't using it, it will continue to cause conflicts.