Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I can access my voicemail locally. However, when I try from

Customer Question

I can access my voicemail locally. However, when I try from another phone it does not work. I'm not using a PIN. Do I need to and if so please can you tell me how I do it? Thank you. These are the Vodafone instructions......
Listening to your messages on your own phone
If there is a new message in your mailbox, you'll hear a series of fast beeps when you pick up the phone.
Dial 083210
Enter your PIN (if prompted) and press #
You'll be told how many new and saved messages you have, and they'll play automatically
Follow the voice prompts.
THIS BIT WORKS OK.
Listening to your messages from any other phone
If you're calling from outside the local calling area or from a mobile phone, please note applicable call charges apply.
Dial 00 64 83 083210
Enter your mailbox number (your area code without the 0 - followed by your phone number e.g. 4(###) ###-#### ***** press #
Enter your PIN and press #.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 1 year ago.

Most if not all providers will require that you have a PIN set to access voicemail remotely for security purposes. Since I am in the US I do not know how Vodaphone is setup but if it is anything like our providers here there should be a option to set a PIN somewhere in the menus when accessing the voicemail locally.