Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I HAVE A PANASONIC KX-TG4500 4 LINE DESK PHONE AND LINE #1

Customer Question

I HAVE A PANASONIC KX-TG4500 4 LINE DESK PHONE AND LINE
#1 DOES NOT RING. LINES2,3,& 4 RING OK. I THINK IT'S A PROGRAMMING
PROBLEM, CAN YOU HELP? MY PHONE # ***** ********** AND ASK FOR CASEY.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Did it ring formerly?

Does it still flash nowadays, instead of ringing?

What makes you think it is a programming error? if you have any information I'd like to know it, even if in brief, please.

That line may be in 'silent mode' or do-not-disturb mode. To disable do-not-disturb mode on your Panasonic phone station,

The abbreviation for do-not-disturb mode is 'DND' If

DND

shows anywhere on the display (when you have line 1 selected) then it is a certainty that DND mode is enabled.

So:

Select the line (Line 1)

then press the DND button on your phone station. That should turn Off the DND indication on the screen, as well as (perhaps) the light idication on or under the DND button.

(The DND button is located just to the right of the 9 button.)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry, but the information I received did not help at all. The phone I am having a problem with has no DND command on it. Please do not charge my credit card for my phone still has the same problem and line #1 is still not working.

Please identify your phone station correctly. The phone station model you previously identified is one that has a DND button to the right of the 9 button, in the information resources at my disposal.

Please look on the display for the letters 'DND'. If seen, please let me know.

Did it ring formerly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I called Panasonic factory and solved the problem; there is a reset button on the bottom of the base unit. I reset that and the phone now works properly,

I'm glad to hear that the problem has been solved by whatever means.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.