Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

We have a 2 line panasonic phone system in our

Customer Question

We have a 2 line panasonic phone system in our home..KX-TD7685 .....When we are on the phone and the second line rings WE CANNOT figure out how to answer the second line... ( no putting it on hold and trying to answer doesn't work)....We had a Panasonic system for 10 years and never had this problem ...and we can not get the person who installed it to call us back !!!!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Depending on how they system was programmed, you should have some "flexible CO quick" keys setup, which are generally aligned with the line number.

So if you have a call coming in on line 2, you'd just press the "2" key while it is ringing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The person that put in our system did not program any CO quick keys ... Therefore this doesn't really help ... Any suggestion or advice on how to program a key ??
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

We can try, but this is generally something best left to an on site installer, as you may not have admin access to the system to make this type of programming change.

You'd need to know which wired console is your admin station and need the admin access codes. Even then, I would not suggest doing it yourself as any mistakes make will compromise the functionality of the remainder of the system.

I can give you some basic guidance here, but it would probably be safer if you let me know your zip and I'll help you find a local installer that can do this for you. For this type of service call it would be a fairly quick programming function and shouldn't cost more than about $75-100