Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

MY password is not working to check my voicemail on my

Customer Question

MY password ***** ***** working to check my voicemail on my phone. I recently transferred the phone number from Comcast to Verizon but did not change my password. I cannot get in to check my messages??
Thank you
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Karin.

What is the make/model of your phone system, and what process are you attempting to check your messages?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Panasonic 6.0 phone answering machine / phone messages in voicemail.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay there are a few potential issues here, Karin.

First, when you changed providers, your old password/account info is not applicable. Even if you did not do anything to change it, you still have a new account and a new password, automatically, under verizon.

Your phone is detecting new VM on the verizon system. The access system/process may also be different, so if you're just hitting the VM key on your panasonic handsets, it may be using a wrong speed dial, and a wrong password, which will no longer work under the new provider.

I can help you to reprogram the panasonic properly, but we need to first make sure you can access your verizon VM manually.

Pick up the line, wait for the dial tone, and key in *98

Let me know if you're able to check your messages that way (you may or may not be prompted for a password).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
98 does not work. States call can of be completed?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Okay pick up the line again, and dial your own home phone number (including area code)

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

If that still doesn't work, try 1.***-***-****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did call my number with Area code. System asks for password? Then when I enter it States it is not valid. Do I need to call Verizon?
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

You can try using the last 4 of your ssn

if that doesn't work, then yes, you'll need to call verizon because they will have to reset/unlock the account, and they'll help you set up a new password.

Your old comcast info does not apply any longer, they have no communication with each other.

After you can access your account with the proper password, I can help you with the rest of the process for your panasonic.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need more help with this, Karin?