Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

We use a panasonic landline, we need to know what device we

Customer Question

Hi there, we use a panasonic landline, we need to know what device we can use with our panasonic landline phone so we can record a greeting that callers hear when they call. we dont want any IVF, just a recording that people here until we answer the phone. What machine can we use?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me more about your system?
What is the model?
Is this a multi line business system, or a home cordless system?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We use a panasonic landline, we are using it for business purposes. Its our company landline number, we just want users to hear a greeting when they answer, and that greeting keeps playing until someone answers. For example, Hi there you have reached "Company Name" please be on the line while we answer your call, and it keeps playing until someone answers. we already have audio files, we just need to see perhaps what machine we can attach to our panasonic landline.Here is the link to the landline desktop phone we havehttps://www.google.ae/search?q=panasonic+landline&espv=2&biw=1439&bih=801&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimyenN-c_KAhUEWBoKHaDbA_YQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=6gl8OMx4bRg2UM%3A
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you have an existing pbx system in place?
Are you wanting something for when you are on another line? Or just when the phone is not answered initially?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We don't have a PBX system, we just want some greeting, we don't want to transfer calls or anything. Just a greeting that a user keeps hearing until we answer the phone, and a greeting for on hold and a greeting for when we are closed and outside of business hours
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any update??
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for confirming,

Unfortunately, in that case, there really isn't much you can do. There is not a device to produce the results you are looking for on a small scale.

You could use an answering machine, but it would play a greeting message, usually limited to about 1 minute, and then roll over to recording a message from the caller.

What you are wanting to do can ONLY be accomplished by a PBX system, with an auto attendant function set up.

I can recommend a suitable system for you if you wish, but that is really your only option.

If you don't want to set up on site equipment, there are some virtual pbx systems available, through the use of a VOIP based phone system, where you'd pay a monthly fee for that service.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.