Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I bought a KX-TGC212C telephone. I have the base unit in my

Customer Question

I bought a KX-TGC212C telephone. I have the base unit in my office and the extension in my bedroom. Is it possible to set the ringer type and volume separately for each phone? If so how do I program the bedroom extension separately?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your phone settings.

To answer your questions directly:

1) The ringer "type" (or tone) can NOT be changed for EACH individual handset. The ringer tone CAN be changed for different groups of callers (see "Groups" section (page 18) of your Operation Manual (I have a link to the electronic (PDF) version of that manual below).

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tgc21x_kx-tgc22x_mul_om.pdf

2) The "ringer volume" CAN be set to different levels for EACH handset in the system. This is useful for areas where you want a quite ringer in one room and a louder ring in other rooms.

To set the ringer volume of each handset, do the following steps:

1) Pick up the handset you want to set the ringer volume on (while NOT on a call).

2) Press MENU then # ***** 6 0 (takes you directly to the ringer volume setting).

3) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to set the volume you want for that handset.

4) Press SAVE (saves the setting).

5) Press OFF button (to exit programming).

Here is a link to a video that shows how to set that ringer volume. NOTE: The handset shown may not be an exact match for your handset, but the steps are the same.

Click Here -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oYPkVGp2M

That should do it.

Please try those steps and let me know if that works for you.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-