Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have AT&T Uvers landline phone service and live in a

Customer Question

Raleigh NC and my phone lines are down and the phone is not working and I could not find a number at which to report this. Can you help me with that please?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone service.

If you want to contact AT&T directly about this issue, I have their MAIN contact number below. You will of course have to use a WORKING phone line to call them.

AT&T Customer Support : 1(###) ###-####/p>

Go through menu - to "Technical Support" or "report a problem" or otherwise to speak with a human (available 24 hours a day).

You can also try their "chat" service, on the following page:

Click Here --> http://www.att.com/contactus/index/homephone.html

Another thing that often restores your Phone service (when the OTHER services (TV and/or internet) are working is to "power cycle" the MAIN "Gateway" box in your home. This is the box with all the cables connected in the back and a bunch of "lights" on the front.

A "power cycle" is where you disconnect power from the back of that box (so that ALL the lights go out), LEAVE the power DISCONNECTED for a FULL TWO MINUTES, and then reconnect the power. Then you WAIT another 1-2 minutes as the box "reboots" and reloads/restarts ALL the services.

Please let me know what you find (and try) or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The engineer was nice. This system stinks. I just needed to find a number and the charge issue IS an issue!! We had a snow storm and my phone lines are on the ground so I only needed to report this so that someone comes out to make that repair!!
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

Were you able to use one of the contact methods I mentioned to report this issue?

I was about to mention that you have PHYSICAL lines down because of the storm, AT&T MAY know about that issue already, but it doesn't hurt to call and CHECK if they know.

Also, please note that I'm an independent technician and have no control over any bid you made when placing your question here.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)