Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I bought an additional cordless phone (KX-TD7696) to add to

Customer Question

i bought an additional cordless phone (KX-TD7696) to add to my phone system and the battery is fully charged but not working. How do I connect it so that it will work?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You have to register the new handset to the existing pbx system.

Look on the bottom of the cordless transceiver (base) unit (the one with the antennas) for a pin or unit number. Alternately, you can look it up in the menu of an existing handset.

On the new one, go into the menu, down to System Option, then Register H/S.

You may need to also do change pin (entering the pin from another handset or as found on the base)

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.