Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My KX-TVA 200 system plays the company greeting or service

Customer Question

My KX-TVA 200 system plays the company greeting or service greeting but never gives a beep and takes a message. Just plays the greeting over and over. Help!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.

The incoming call service setting consists of 3 components:

– The appropriate company greeting for each time mode (Day, Night, Lunch, and Break) of each call service. The default company greeting is the System Greeting.

– The desired Incoming Call Service for each time mode of each call service. The default service is Automated Attendant service.

– The assignment of the Service group for each port/trunk

It sounds like the Call Service or Service Group is set incorrectly. This wouldn't happen by itself, though. Have you had any recent problems with electrical outages?

Before going over programming commands, I would strongly suggest that you get a technician in to proceed. Anything you do in programming CAN and often does make the problem worse, unless you are familiar with the admin interface and/or the service console. I don't want to risk making the problem worse without making you aware of that.