Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Every time Ooma goes down, my greeting is erased and I 't

Customer Question

Every time Ooma goes down, my greeting is erased and I don't want this to happen. How can I permanently fix this problem?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

The best way to prevent this, on the Ooma and on all your electronics that have volatile RAM is to have a basic battery backup. Usually, when residential power goes down, it's for a short period of time, so you don't need to spend a great deal of money on it (some battery backup systems can be expensive). Here is an example of what you would need for Oooma.

http://amzn.to/1NafQwQ

Just use that in place of a surge protector. It's a little bit more, but the size of this will keep a device like that running for days. This is about the smallest you can get, and the price is really good. If this isn't the solution that you are looking for, let me know and I will help until your question is fully answered.

Please contact customer service to verify your phone call is requested. I see it, but I have not been able to accept it. It may indicate that customer service must do something to it before we can accept it.