Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Avaya Communication Partner Mail VS System,

Customer Question

I have an Avaya Communication Partner Mail VS System, Release 5 and the main voice box sometimes tells people that the box is full but it isn't. Very bad for business! Can you help with this.********
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the message people are getting is 'your voicemail box is 80 % full', then that's a consequence of having too few messages deleted regularly... or too high a voicemails volume to avoid getting to the 80 % mark with this system.

If that's not the problem, then your VM board may be flakey / defective.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message is simply that it's full -- when it's actually empty. What can I do about the VM board? And what is a VM board?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I admit I have no more details. Perhaps the VM function is not on a board, but elsewhere, or not limited to a removable board.

Should I give up this case in favor of an Expert who is more grounded (on this model line of system) ? I rather think so, so on the assumption, I have Opted Out. If you wish me to continue working on this problem as well as I can, I can and will opt into the case again.