Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a panasonic phon with 3 handsets Model #KX-TG6053. It

Customer Question

I have a panasonic phon with 3 handsets Model #KX-TG6053. It has been working fine until 2 weeks ago. Now it will not record messages any more. I know it is an older set . What should I do?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do the phones work properly - other than not being able to take incoming messages?

3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system), and if so, are they working properly?

4) Do you have another phone line available (such as a cell phone or neighbor/friend's phone) that you can use to call your Panasonic number, and TEST what is heard (in the calling phone)? If so, please place that call, and let it ring a number of times (up to 10) and see what is heard - in the calling phone).

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all I am not signing up for free trial offer or $24 a month. I asked a question and thought I might get an answer. Never thought I was going to have to pay for it. So I am just letting you know. My phone service is through Frontier. Yes the phones work OK. I do not have anything attached to the phone line. I do not have another phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it all is a big rip off. I want you to delete my credit card number. All you want is to keep adding more money. I knew I should not have ever started this. I want you to take it off my credit card now.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Any request you see on your screen to sign up for any monthly plan is an OFFER - and that can be refused or closed out.

But this is a "pay for help" site - JustAnswer.com - that you have asked your question on.

Do you wish to proceed with finding the issue now that you know this information?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish to proceed, I will get an answer elsewhere. Anyone that buys Panasonic items should be able to get an answer without paying for it. Please reimburse my credit card. Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Very good. I will send your message to customer service here - as they are the ones that process credits.

Please do NOT reply to this thread any longer, as it may open your question again and cause other issues with your credit.

Take Care, Greg A.