Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a panasonic hands free phone. Brand new. model=

Customer Question

I have a panasonic hands free phone. Brand new. model= TGF342C. I want to purchase an ear phone but do not know if I need to get one with a microphone as well. Please advise me if a regular earphone is okay or if I need one with a microphone. \thanks Deborah
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Deborah & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble you may be having in selection a ear phone.

If you are referring to what plugs into the cordless handset: You should select a "headset" (with a microphone).

This is because when you plug something into the cordless handset it "cuts off" the microphone IN that handset.

Also - plugging in a "listen only" set of ear buds (for example) MAY cause to connections to not be properly aligned, so that you would not hear the caller through the ear buds.

If you need a reference for the type of headsets you can use, if you look at the "Accessories" listing in the manual for this system, you will see several item Model numbers listed on the "headset" line. I also have a reference to Amazon, where I did a search for "Panasonic cordless headset", and I see many of the same items listed there. Click the link below to see those search results.

Click here --> http://amzn.to/1MZjUQu

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)