Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I bought a Fanvil phone and PoE adapter. Phone is on and

Customer Question

I bought a Fanvil phone and PoE adapter. Phone is on and connected to network i can see ip address assigned. The only problem is I am not able to dial or receive calls, am I missing a step here?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What model is your Fanvil phone, an X5, and X3, or some other model, please ?

Have you gone through the Configuration Wizard properly, to set up the phone? this is important. If you have not done so, I advise you to do so. To re-start it, just factory reset the phone, and it ought to appear automatically. (For factory reset instructions, let me know the phone's model #.)

(In general, you may go to Settings - Configuration Wizard, without resetting the phone, to go through Configuration again.)