Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I cannot get my greeting to record. I follow the directions,

Customer Question

I cannot get my
greeting to record. I follow the directions, listen to the playback, however, when called, the
phone answers that a recoring is not set up.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit (if cordless system).

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Did you count the number of rings you hear BEFORE the system picked up your TEST CALL (and said something about not set up)?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because it sounds like the "not set up" you hear is coming from some kind of "voicemail" system - which is usually a feature that is from your service provider.

You can TEST for that by turning OFF or disconnecting any "answering system" you may have, and then repeat the TEST call. If you STILL hear that "not set up" announcement, that will verify that a voicemail system is taking the call.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)