Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have owned and used last 20 plus years A Panasonic Fax

Customer Question

I have owned and used for the last 20 plus years A Panasonic Fax /Answer machine Model No KX-FM 131 AL and for all that time it has worked perfectly. Recently we are not getting
Proper Messages just grunts and then nothing. I suspect that there is a mini tape somewhere in this machine but am only guessing.
Don't know if it can be repaired as I rarely use the Fax now and just keep it as an answerphone in my home office.
It has been largely superseded by the computers now and I can't even find any reference to this Mod No KX-FM 131 AL
Any info on this machine would be appreciated! Regards *****
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, would the description of "...not getting Proper Messages..." is when the PLAY ► MESSAGE button is pressed?

Have you considered / tried deleting all messages ? ERASE / START/SET COPY X 2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please Cancel this request as it is all too confusing, It will probably be easier to get local help. Or just ditch the machine due to old age, Myself included!!
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Not sure how the above can be confusing. But still as a test, have you tried pressing:

• • PLAY ► MESSAGE button;
  • • ERASE / START/SET COPY X 2.