Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have just purchased a KX-TG585SK phone system to replace

Customer Question

I have just purchased a KX-TG585SK phone system to replace my ole system which was a KX-TG6641. Is there a way that i can move my number in my old system to my new system? My email address is***@******.***
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

By "move my number", I assume you mean can you transfer the phone book and speed dial settings over.

The short answer is that no, you cannot.

These systems have no mechanism to communicate with each other and there is no way to transfer or extract the info out of the old phone to move it to the new one.

The quickest way to get info over, other than entering it manually, is to wait for people to call you.

After someone calls, their caller id info can be easily saved to the phone book from the CID screen, which will usually get your most commonly talked to people into hte list, so you have fewer to enter by hand.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.