Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have PANASONIC phone with model number KX-TG6671C.

Customer Question

I have PANASONIC phone with model number KX-TG6671C. Whenever I set the time, after sometime the time is not what I set but different. For example I set the time to 5:00 pm, after sometime or when incoming calls come, the time changes to 8 pm. Why and what is the solution
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What is happening here is that there is a wrong time set by the phone company (usually related to daylight savings time) and every time the phone rings or the system checks for messages, it is getting an incorrect time signal on the caller id, and updating the phone incorrectly.

To change this, you just need to disable the auto time set, and then re-set the time manually.

Grab a handset and key in Menu#2260 Save Off

Then set the time again, and the setting should stick.

Best regards,

--

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.