Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

AVAYA PARTNER ACS-R7 system. I have a 22 phone system. ALL

Customer Question

AVAYA PARTNER ACS-R7 system. I have a 22 phone system. ALL is working perfectly except when trying to re-program caller ID review. Something went wrong. On each extension I have TWO lit spare buttons. I want to 1. See who is calling as the phone rings and 2. Interrogate the phone to see the last few callers information. I DO have the factory install manual and have never had any problem using it, but it does not seem to accept or work with "Feature 16 or Feature 17" I have tried it several times to no avail. I CAN get the two buttons on ext 10 and 11 to read BLANK as I would want it to at first, and then it does show up as the two features indicate they should show up as, but no caller id displays. It MUST be something simple. Where am I going wrong?? The extensions are model 18D.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The first question is, whether the problem is common to all phones. If you swap phones between two stations, does it not affect the problem at all?

I mean this as an intelligent question, because model 18D phones are Endeavor phones. And the manual clearly states that the feature you are trying to get working, does not work with Endeavor-style phones:

"Endeavor-Style phones Do Not work with the Enhanced Caller ID Features"

(see page at

https://support.avaya.com/public/index?page=content&id=SOLN122509

to verify this statement, and see some information about the Caller ID Feature as a problem with Avaya phones.)

You may simply need different phone stations/extensions, the type that does work with Caller ID features. In fact that page states flatly that what you need are phones of these two models:

Partner-18D
and
Partner-34D.

So if they are Endeavor 18D, they won't work with F16 and F17, but if they are Partner-18D, they will or can work with those features.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have never heard of an Endeavor phone or phone system. I have an Avaya ACSR-7 Partner phone system. They are all 18D-0003 extension sets. They HAVE worked with Feature 17 beforel

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Then that is not the problem, obviously.

I'm sorry to say that I am out of ideas on this case, and must Opt Out, opening it to other Experts in this category. I have Opted Out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MODERATOR...PLEASE CANCEL THIS QUESTION. Another pay site solved this problem in ten minutes.