Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have no dial tone on my phones, the phone co says the

Customer Question

I have no dial tone on my phones, the phone co says the problem is not on their side. My phone says check tel line..will you exsplain this to me thank you
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do have multiple hand sets and they are all dead, I have no fax or anyother device on system
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Please answer each specific question I've asked.

As a next step, you will need to test another device, to properly isolate the problem, as this can be a base station fault or a line fault (despite what the phone company may tell you, if they don't physically come out on site to test, they cannot possibly know for certain). You'll need to get (find/buy/borrow) just a basic corded or wall phone to test the home line with. Let me know the results, as well as the above details, and I'll advise further