Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I HAVE A SET OF PANASONIC PHONES AND THEY ALL SAY LINE IN

Customer Question

I HAVE A SET OF PANASONIC PHONES AND THEY ALL SAY LINE IN USE AND CANNOT USE MY PHONE SYSYEM. I HAVE A MAIN PHONE AND FOUR MORE THRUOUT THE HOUSE AND HAVE MADE SURE THEY ARE ALL OFF
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am with Verizon, and there is nothing else attached to this system, and all phones say line in use with no dial tone
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

This can be a fault in the line, or a fault in the panasonic base. To isolate the issue, we really need to test another device.

Can you please try to test just a basic corded/wall phone on the line, and let me know if you get anything there?

I also need you to please answer each of the specific questions I asked.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
as I am handicapped I am at my computer and cannot easily move around the house. however I do have a caption line telephone with no dial tone
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Okay, one last check for me, if you can - unplug power and the phone line to the panasonic base, then test the caption phone again. Do you get a dial tone on the cap phone then?