Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

When attempting to make a call, get message: No service

Customer Question

When attempting to make a call, get message: No service configure error followed by contact OBTalk.com. Cannot make or receive call. Need help. What do I do next? Did attempt to reset base by unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, replug...was not successful.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have a KX=TG465SK
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Who is your 911 service provider, and who is your regular phone line service through?
How long have you had service through the obi device?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do not know 911 provider; regular phone line - phonepower; had service since November,2014
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

This is not a regular phone line, you have a VOIP service, facilitated by an obiahi voip gateway.

You have to have a voip service provider and a 911 provider.

These have to be renewed (paid) annually. When that lapsed, which would have just expired, your phone will no longer work until they are renewed.

There is no reset or setting on the panasonic or the obi device for this, you have to have active service on the line, and until you fix that billing/renewal issue it won't come back on. Even when you do, the system will have to be reconfigured. I can help you with that remotely, but you will need to know your service providers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry for any inconvenience. Please cancel my subscription of $26.00 per month. I have renew by annual fee for PhonePower.
Will attempt to resolve problem myself. If I am unsuccessful, I will contact you, Nathan. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Well I've already given you the answer for what needs to be done.

You don't need an ongoing subscription, and can use this as a one time service, but I've provided you the necessary information for your initial question here.

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.