Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic KX-TGE275S home telephone. I would like

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TGE275S home telephone. I would like to find a way to remove/shut off the talking ID that won't involve a baseball bat. Can you help? I have gone into the Talking ID within Settings and have turned off the base and the handset but it still talks. Help?????
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your phones.

I noticed that this is a "Link-to-Cell" type phone system, so may I ask if these calls that are still talking to you are coming in via a linked cell phone OR on the landline phone line?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just landline.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - thanks for that.

So are BOTH the Main Base Unit and the Handsets ALL speaking the Caller ID - when a call comes in?

AND - do you have a different phone (such as a cell phone) available, to place TEST CALLS to your Panasonic number?

One more thing: Can you tell me what STEPS were used - to try and turn OFF the Talking Caller ID?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what I finally got right but it's not talking anymore. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome,

Just in case, let me give you a link to a video - that shows how this is done on a similar model, and you can have it for future reference.

Click here --> Video

By the way, the most COMMON thing that is missed is the pushing of the SAVE button - at the appropriate time.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has helped to answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'll check it out.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Very good.

I look forward to any other questions you may have.

Have a great evening, Greg A.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)