Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Reason, today I am able to receive calls on my

Customer Question

For some reason, today I am able to receive calls on my Panasonic----but just CANNOT make calls! The man at Radio Shack said he had no answer, & suggested I "call you" though now I see THIS is my only option. HELP!!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is a PAID support service.

If you wish to continue with the understanding that a fee is required, let me know when you're ready to chat.

Otherwise, per the terms you agreed to, you've already had to pay your fee to post your question here, and you may cancel from the help page.

Note: I am a panasonic authorized dealer/installer, and can help you with the issue, but I do not work for panasonic directly. They do not provide this type of instant chat support service. If you want free help you can contact panasonic directly, but within a very limited scope, and you'll be on hold a long time to speak to someone in an overseas call center.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

To proceed, I'd need additional information from you.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Again, I cannot possibly help you until you reply to me in the appropriate forum, here: http://www.justanswer.com/phone-systems/9gane-reason-today-able-receive-calls-panasonic-but.html

If you open/post new questions instead, the site is charging you more each time, and I am unable to reply anywhere but here.

We can talk by phone if you prefer, but there is an (additional) charge for that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I initially asked only about ONE of the problems I'm having on my new Panasonic system.
1st, I can receive calls now, but can NOT call out. But
2nd, there is a lot of static on the phone that hampers communication. and
3rd, the phone breaks out, I'm told by the person I'm talking to on the phone
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

That is fine, I don't mind helping you with the group of problems, I just wanted to be sure you understood how the site works (you are paying for my time and expertise), and that you are able to reply to me here.

What happens when you try to call out? Busy signal? Static? Silence?

Please provide detailed answers to each of the questions I asked earlier. That information is necessary for me to give an accurate assessment.