Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Model # L:CS6619-2. been working great but Friday afternoon

Customer Question

model # *****:CS6619-2. been working great but Friday afternoon the handset started showing "no line" and wouldn't ring or call out. checked line and inserted into another phone line that was working and it still showed "no line." What do I need to do?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This symptom unfortunately indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. It commonly happens just from normal wear and tear as well, which is typical of the vtech systems even after just a year or two.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system.

What you can do however is buy another of the same system, register your existing handsets to it, and then discard the old base station.