MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

When I try to access the voicemail to retrieve messages, it

Customer Question

When I try to access the voicemail to retrieve messages, it rings but does not pick up.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vodavi Starplus STS
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** your phone system?

Also How old is your phone?

And do you have the user manual or need one?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure where the full model # ***** be located but it is a Vodavi Starplus Stse 24 button digital key telephone. I have a part #...3515-71. I do not know how old they are...over 5 years. I do have the user manual

Thank you the # ***** gave worked for me;-)

When you try to retrieve your messages, are you doing that from a different phone on a different line or system?

And are you sure the callers can in fact leave you a recorded message?

That will tell me a lot about the problem.

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a button for vm on each of the phones that we can access individually. It has worked just fine for the last 5 years that I have been here. When I try to retrieve the messages using the button, as I always do, the line just rings but the vm center never clicks over. It is ringing more than normal before going to vm now that you mention it...let me try calling it from my cell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well....it did not turn over to voicemail at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We dont use the phone lines to access the vm.

Thank you for that information. unfortunately this is a sign of an electronic failure in the phone system. But sometimes a reset by removing power from the phone will clear this. It works about 50% of the time, so please try that first.

To do this, unplug any phone lies from the phone in question, then also remove power from the unit by unplugging it fro the wall.

If it works great!

But if not you would need to have this serviced by a local phone repair technician.

I wish I had better news for you on this I really do, but please let me know how it goes with the reset?

I can also help you find a great tech to fix this for you if you need one.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete,

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

There is no cost to rate ;-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gotta be honest. I don't think I should be paying $36 for this...

Hi I am sorry that didnt work for your phone ;-(

I am only a technician and dotn set the prices lol, but if you will rate kindly at this time, i will put in for a refund for you. Just Answer always gives them when requested, they are excellent that way;-)

Once you rate my service, I will see that and can close this out for you, then I will send it to CS for refund prcessing ;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day

Wish I could have been more help.

Also it takes up to 30 days for them to credit your account so please be patient.

Tech Michael