Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Vetch model DS6522-4. First I have done everything the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****--vetch model DS6522-4. First I have done everything the manuals say to set up my answering machine. It still won't accept messages. I have also had voice mail removed from my landline. Secoond, today I can call out; no one can call in
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have done the troubleshooting that is supposed to take the phone totally back to the factory settings but when I connect everything again all of my information is still there.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Phone Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The AGE of this phone system and how long you have owned it.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have another phone line available (such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone) that can be used to place TEST CALLS to the landline number of this Vtech system?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line (not part of the MAIN system), and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can give you all of that but I have an appointment at 3:30and have to leave at 3. We are not going to have time to do this. I am so sorry. I thought I had called early enough for this to work but I obviously didn't. I guess I just have to thank you and cancel. Again, my apologies.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

You don't need to cancel, but just send the information when you can, and we can continue at that time (I'm here most of the day today).

I will look for your response later on,

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)