Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Screen on handset reads "voice mail msg.via phone co." How

Customer Question

screen on handset reads "voice mail msg.via phone co." How to I remove this Jim Lentz
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of the phone system?
Who is your carrier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

KX-TGE242 COMCAst

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

This indicates that you do actually have new voicemail messages waiting for you.
Voicemail is a service provided by comcast, and it means that callers have been leaving you messages on the comcast voicemail system.

I could help you turn off that indicator, but then you'd be missing out on messages.

Pick up the line and dial *98 to listen to your messages.

From there, if you don't want this service, you can call comcast and cancel the voicemail feature if you wish.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgnhz

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.