Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

We have a vtech 20-2431 system that gives the message

Customer Question

we have a vtech 20-2431 system that gives the message "mailbox is busy" when we try to get messages from the answering machine. It seems messages are being received as we can retrieve them via the internet, but not from the phones. Is there a way to clear the system? or retrieve messages?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please detail the process you are using when trying to get your messages through the vtech?

Who is your carrier?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am no longer interested. You have given me no indication you can actually offer a solution but have tried to "up-charge" me at every response. I wouldn't have been able to provide any more info via phone than my e-mail contained.
Anyway, I was able to find a FREE solution provided by Vtech in their online owners manuals.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

All I have tried to do is get some details from you, I can't provide an answer without knowing more about the problem, and you're seeing automated offers. In either case, communication from you would be required to reach a resolution.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Per the terms you agreed to, you are charged the full amount upon corresponding with an expert (me, in my attempt to get additional details from you).

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I have no control over billing matters. I can advise you on this issue if you'd like to continue. Otherwise, you'd contact customer service for billing questions.