Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My panasonic home phone does not ring when called. I can

Customer Question

My panasonic home phone does not ring when called. I can call out with no trouble.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Dave,

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more, and hinders my ability to respond. Please reply back here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I have two headsets and it happens witch ever is n the stand. 2. no other phones but there is a computr on the same phone line [consumer cellular] 3. local phone line. 4. don't know dsl? 5. Model KX-TG5431
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying that one of the handsets is ringing, but the other (docked) does not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither phone rings.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither phone rings. You can't call me.. the phones do not ring>
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Initially, lets try a quick setting adjustment.

Grab a handset and press MENU 113 Save Off

Do that on the other as well, then try to receive a call

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've received that information several times. Please reply to my most recent comments.

We can have you call me if needed as well to make this easier, if you're having trouble typing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither phone rings. You can't call me.. the phones do not ring> both phones rang once when I entered 113 save off . I called the phone but there was ring.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither phone rings. You can't call me.. the phones do not ring> both phones rang once when I entered 113 save off . I called the phone but there was no ring.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please respond only to the most recent question. You can scroll up to see everything prior, resending all the same info makes it more difficult to find and read your replies and delays the process further.

Before we can do anything else, I'd need you to test another phone on the line. This could be just a basic corded or wall phone (not part of the panasonic system).

This will help us determine if it is a line fault or a panasonic issue. You'll need to get/buy/borrow another phone and plug it into the wall jack that the panasonic base is currently connected to.