Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Panasonic kx-dt343 phone system and want to change

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic kx-dt343 phone system and want to change messages being saved/forwarded to an individual's message code. Can you help us?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I don't quite understand the question - could you phrase it differently?

To 'change message being saved/forwarded' suggests vaguely that you want to change the *location* they are saved to - perhaps the destination mailbox for the 'general messages left' or 'messages left generally'. Or perhaps the messages left at a given incoming phone number, are being saved in one mailbox or message box, and you want them to be changed to be saved in a different mailbox or message box?

The phrase '...to an individual's message code' is not very specifically significant. Does that mean 'the login code or password ***** an individual' ? or does it mean, 'the mailbox i.d. code for an individual' ?

However the task you are asking about turns out to be, you will certainly need administrative access to the phone system or the voicemail system box. Do you have that access already?

If so, you would log in first, proceed to the appropriate section of the settings, and change the setting appropriately, then log out properly to close the session (for safety and stability of your phone system or voicemail system's administration) and proceed to test whether the result was what you wished.

So let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I am available Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 9am - 4pm. I will try ti rephrase the issue.We are a church where there are three lines (one is designated fax). I screen and accept calls that come into the office. The system is set so that when it rings I answer and then forward to the individual requested. They will either leave a message with me or that will leave a voice message. The problem is we are not able to get to that voice message. We are also not able to change the answering message when an individual is trying to leave a message.Is it possible for you to call me (xxx) xxx-xxxx.Cecelia
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

That is obviously a problem with the voicemail system, or the voicemail functions subset of the phone system box, in your local phone system.

Did it work before this? and, was any change made to the phone system locally that you know of, recently?