Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a model KX-TGA931T,every day at 10:01 the #2 unit

Customer Question

I have a model KX-TGA931T,every day at 10:01 the #2 unit rings with the word alarm on it. The only way to get it to stop ringing is to answer it and then hang up. I have replaced all of the batteries in all of the associated units (5). what is the problem?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The Model Number of the MAIN BASE UNIT of the phone system you are working with? That number should be on a label on the bottom of the MAIN BASE UNIT, and START with KX-TG, but NOT have an "A" in it (that is for the handsets only).
2) How many TOTAL handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In response to your questions 1) model number of the Base Unit is: KX-TG9333T 2) 5 handsets including the one with the Base Unit 3) Century Link.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - I got cut off for a little bit.

OK - it sounds like an "Alarm" has been programmed into that handset, and that alarm will need to be turned OFF - or reprogrammed to be off.

May I ask if you still have the FULL manual for this system, in case I need to make a reference to a particular page?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have the manual.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

OK - very good.

Please take a look at page 29, bottom left column - and let me know if you see the Title of a sections that says "Alarm"?

I'm just checking to see if we have the same document.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went through the right hand side of the page and turned the alarm to "off" i will see tomorrow if it worked. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

If you SAW (or found) that there WAS a programmed alarm for about 10AM - and it was set to "Daily", then that was probably the issue and will be "fixed" when 10AM comes around tomorrow.

NOTE: These can be set on EACH handset separately, so make sure that is the handset you were dealing with.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)