Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I cannot reset the number of rings on my phone. The phone is

Customer Question

I cannot reset the number of rings on my phone. The phone is a 6.0 Bluetooth
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I may be able to call you in a few minutes (phone is busy now), but can you please let me know the answers to the questions I had above? I will paste them again below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. I found the model number on my phone it is KX-TG7742. My phone company is Verizon, regrettably.
If no one is going to call me after waiting for more than an hour, will you please issue a credit for the charges I have been billed already. Surely some technician has been available for help by now. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed means
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Does it not? I am not satisfied.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for replying to my questions.

As noted above, I did not call you because you had not responded with the model number. That would have been the first thing asked for on the phone call - to see if I had enough information to be able to help.

Please note: A phone call is an ADDITIONAL SERVICE - and is extra cost from your original bid. I can offer a call if you want to, but we can avoid that extra cost by working in this format.

Let me know if you want that additional service, and I will offer it.

Back to the original question(s):

Now that I know what model you have, may I ask:

1) What the CURRENT number of rings the system is set to?

2) How many rings would you like it set to?

3) Do you have a DIFFERENT phone line - so you can place a TEST CALL to your Verizon phone number - to TEST any changes we make?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone rings only twice and I would like four rings. I have a cell phone to test call my home phone. Please either help me or issue a credit for the charges. I have been waiting for almost two hours for some help. Is Greg the only engineer in the whole place?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

There are other experts here, but once one expert takes the question, we like to keep it between you and that expert (me in this case).

Also, we can only answer your questions and correspond with you, and don't have access to any of your private information - including any deposits that may have been made.

Any requests about your account information must be made through the customer support group.

So back to your question:

Please take a look at the following video, which shows how to change the ring count on your system. Then try the same steps on your own system. Then place a TEST CALL to your system (and let it ring) to VERIFY (test) that the setting works.

When you make the TEST CALL - make a COMPLETE TEST - meaning that you actually leave a short test message, and verify that you CAN get the message through the Panasonic system.

Click Here -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV702EQAoec

Please try that and let me know your results or have ANY issues understanding or performing the process.

Thanks, ***** *****