Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Polycom soundstation 2w not working, showing 'please

Customer Question

polycom soundstation 2w not working, showing 'please wait'
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried register with base station but showing register failed.
Downloaded the latest version of update on http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/voice/soundstation/soundstation2w.html and connect the phone to the PC and tried update. But after all steps, Application shows update failed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

If the system is still under warranty, you can contact Polycom for a warranty repair.

If it is not under warranty, then try a reset:

There should be a reset button somewhere on the unit. Hold it down, and hard cycle the power. Keep holding the reset button down. Keep holding for as long a time as possible, several minutes, to ensure it resets.

Let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,Sorry about the time zone delay. I didn't find any reset button around either the base or the phone. But I did tried restore to default and reboot the phone in the admin menu in the phone. Do you have any other idea about the problem? It is showing "Please wait" we're not sure it's the phone's problem or base's.Attached are the photos of phone and base.The detailed information of this phone:
CVM:7.6c
DSP: S2W.CON.01.607
CPLD:1.06
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If the reset or restore didn't work then the phone will require a repair.

Is it still under warranty? If so, you can return it to Polycom for a warranty repair.