Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Panasonic unit KX-TG7644 (3phone units) No dial

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic unit KX-TG7644 (3phone units) No dial tone, does not ring, can not receive or make calls. Message reads "Check Tel Line"
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is this a new system or was it working before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not new but was working last night
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok let's try a reset first then. Unplug all bases and disconnect the battery from all handsets.

Disconnect and reconnect both ends of the phone cable as well.
Then wait 5 minutes. On one handset hold down the call button (button used to answer) for 30 seconds with the battery still removed.

Plug in the base and put the battery back into that one handset.
Put the handset on the base and wait a couple minutes.

Pick it up and see if it is working properly.
If it is now do the same thing with the other handsets.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the meantime I tried the instructions you sent (remove battery wait --reinsert battery etc) but this did not work
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I never got the call request. What happened when you tried the steps I gave you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for your phone call
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

As I said before I never got a phone call request and then asked What happened when you tried the steps I gave you? Please scroll up to see it, I sent it less than a minute after your last reply.