Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I just bought Panasonic KX-TG7875. in process of pairing

Customer Question

I just bought Panasonic KX-TG7875. in process of pairing base with cell phone. process didn't complete. now every time i press "MENU" on base or handset, I get phonebook and cannot complete any menu setup functions. i've tried resetting phone by unplugging base, removing batteries in handset, and plugging back in. still can't get to menu function.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Press Menu #6241

you then see the Cell indicator flashing on the base? If so, entering pairing mode on the Cell and pair using default 0000

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's just the problem...when I press menu, it takes me to phone book, and then I'm in phone book options, and I can only enter 3 digits. I can't get to the menu is the problem. This did not answer my question
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you press menu and keep pressing the characters. So press menu then #6241

When you press # ***** should jump out of it, just type out the combination please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did!!!! It will not jump out of it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I understand this is frustrating but please understand this is the correct procedure so there is an issue occurring on the phone.

Can you remove the power to the base and the batteries to the handset.

Wait 5 minutes then connect the power back and put the batteries back in try again.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Per my original message, I have already tried that and it didn't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried what is on all the faq's, help. I am asking because I need an expert that can offer a solution outside of what can be found in the manual
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

There is no procedure outside of this there is only one procedure the one I am providing.

Follow it on this film and tell me exact where you get stopped as opposed to how the film continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxzzeDL-uFQ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, well I've tried all of that. Thought I was paying for an expert that could offer solutions that were not something that could be found on the Internet. I will not pay the full charge for this session
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but there are no solutions, there is only one process for the phone to pair...

One issue is you may have gotten the model wrong and with a model that does not support pairing.

Where exactly are you reading the model number from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, on the film, when I press menu, the phone book pops up, not the ability to enter #6241
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes that is normal, the phone book will pop up, you just keep typing the numbers.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

first # ***** 6241 regardless of whats on the screen

else type in #6271

What then happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, but it won't allow me to enter 4 digits, only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only 3 digits
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

its just showing a place holder for 3 digits, like in the film, it accepts 4

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

just from the home screen, press menu and type in #6241 and tell me exactly what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but It now will not do any of the menu functions, even the 3 digit functions
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I am not sure what your seeing, but remove the batteries.

Put the batteries back in and then just type no matter what you see on the screen

#6241

And tell me exactly what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whenever I type in the 3 or 4 digits, it just beeps 3 times and doesn't perform the function.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

can you do the last instructions I gave please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can I send you a picture of the screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

first, please do the last instructions I gave and tell me exactly what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, took out batteries for about 30 secs. Put back in. Selected MENU. Typed in #6241. After typing in 3rd digit, base beeped 3 times and brought me back to option that says "Enter number" where I can enter #, it has a ":_ _ _"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, when you see that enter it again just 6241

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

its what you should see after pressing menu, but for some reason it comes up after trying it.

Even though its ___ it accepts 4

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only button I can push to get out of this screen is associated with CLEAR
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

so when you see ":_ _ _" and you type numbers, nothing comes up on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push #, this is what comes up":_ _ _". I begin entering 6241, and after I type in the "4" it beeps and returns me to "Enter number" or the option to go "BACK"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't accept even a 3 digit command now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, it confirms it,

It is the internal memory or bluetooth adapter that has faulted thats also why it slowly stops accepting commands until it is restarted

We have ruled everything else out and there is only one straight forward procedure to do this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know