Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I know its in possible Greg, but I thought I ask, can you

Customer Question

I know its in possible Greg, but I thought I ask, can you retrieve a deleted message from a uniden digital answering machine. I am at work and accidently erased an important message
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with your answering system.

May I ask if you can find the Model Number of the system for me?

And can you confirm that the message was stored in a digital answering system - where the messages are stored in "memory" of some kind (and not magnetic tape)?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model # ***** 761b0606w yes its digital
I see another number printed out like a UPC number did you need that?
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again and thanks for that. The model number is ***** I need.

Since this system uses a "digital" answering system - that uses "memory" to store the messages (and not tape - like the older systems) then I don't have "good news" for you.

In 99.99% of the cases, once a "digital message" is deleted, it can't be recovered. This is because of the way these systems operate, and that once the messages are deleted, the memory that holds them is immediately "compacted" to make more space.

I completely understand if you are disappointed or saddened by losing these messages, as I had almost the same thing happen to some of the messages that were stored on our machine. A long term power failure erased some personal message from my wife's family member who has since passed on. I still don't like to remind her of those messages, as she still gets upset that they are gone.

I hope this helps. Sorry to have to give you this news, but I will only give you an honest and accurate answer. Please don't hold that against me.

Take Care, Greg A.